Tuesday, February 13, 2007

winter blues?

Greetings from Maine, where the mercury has dipped to zero , and with wind chill, a balmy -16 degrees! I know my fans out there--there are about two of you--have been incredibly disappointed about the lack of posts to my usually prolific blog in the last three months. I have a couple of excuses:

1. I got knocked up. Right around the time I last posted I felt crappy, nauseous, tired, and all I wanted to do is sleep. For about three months. But, I've turned a corner, and have a feeling this blog may take a new direction. Less complaining about life and more praising of life's tiny miracles.

2. Its winter and its been dark. In December it seemed like dusk fell at 3:30 p.m. in these parts. (Who wants to read a blog about falling asleep at 7 p.m. at the dinner table??) But now its actually light when I leave work at 5:15. We've turned another corner people!

3. I received an mp3 player for Christmas onto which my hubby downloaded seasons 1 & 2 of Desperate Housewives. I cracked out on that, and sadly, I have also fallen victim, once again, to bad Fox television, namely American Idol and the O.C. (Should I even be admitting this?)

Boredom begets procrastination begets laziness begets a major case of writers block. You get the idea. So, I'll attempt to break the streak and keep you posted on winter life in the north country. Here is to new beginnings!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrissa said...

Yay! Feels like spring already ...

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home